*** Note: This episode is marked Explicit for language. ***
After losing his mother to cancer, JT got serious about his health, dropped 200+ lbs and hasn’t looked back.
From weight in the 400’s to paleo and power lifting – check out his story.
“Don’t f*** up.”
Resources Mentioned in This Podcast
- Livestrong Daily Plate – track your daily calories and exercise
- MyFitnessPal – online food tracking and support community
- The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain
- The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald
- Cold Iron Barbell power lifting gym in Solvang, CA
- Paleo For Lifters from 70sbig.com
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolfe
- Joe Rogan Experience podcast
On J.T.’s Workout Playlist
- Crack the Sky album by Mastodon [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- $O$ album by Die Antwoord [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Black album by Metallica album [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- The Score album by Fugees [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Oh No by Girl Talk (video)
J.T. can be found telling it like it is on his blog at BeardsOverBarbells.
UPDATE! J.T. returned to share a follow-up about weight-lifting, new dietary discoveries, and surgical procedures for loose skin. Listen to it here!