Tim Bauer lost 200 pounds in a year and 9 days.
He had been obese his whole life, reached a peak weight of 440 lbs, and then decided he deserved to be healthy and to feel amazing. Cue the Rocky theme and settle in for a great story!
“Just think, this time next year you could be a hundred pounds lighter.”
Resources Mentioned in This Podcast
- /Loseit – weight loss support community on Reddit.com
- Examine – unbiased supplements and nutrition research
- MyFitnessPal – online food tracking and support community
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf [ Amazon/ iTunes ]
- The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Paleo Solution Podcast with Robb Wolf
- Chris Kresser Podcast
- The Fat Burning Man Show with Abel James
- Fitocracy – Online exercise tracking and community
- Engineering The Alpha by John Romaniello
- Pocket – app for saving web links to read later
On Tim’s Workout Playlist
- Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine (for fast workouts) [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Dirt Off Your Shoulder by Jay-Z [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Death of Autotune by Jay-Z (for heavy lifting days) [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- Cinderella Man by Eminem [ Amazon / iTunes ]
- The Champ by Ghostface Killah [ Amazon / iTunes ]
UPDATE! Tim’s story was picked up by the Huffington Post, and he was interviewed again here!
UPDATE! Tim returned for an update six months after this interview. Listen to it here!